Splitting the audio track

Once I had my story read, I had one large audio track to split into story paragraphs. I did this in Audacity.

Process

To achieve this, I needed to create a label for each part. A label is held in its own track as a selection of time. Label Tracks can be used to annotate an audio file. They can be used for lyrics, markers, or notes, and they can even be used to save selections.

1. Select the piece of audio you wish to seperate, and add a label to the selection.


2. Repeat this step for each piece of audio you would like exported seperately.


3. When you are finished, choose “Export Multiple” from the File menu. When you click the “Export” button, Audacity will save each song as a separate file, using the format and location you choose.


This concludes my audio splitting session. The audio files now await their scenes in Flash!

No comments:

Post a Comment