Mock-up follow-up

As I mentioned in my previous post, I would be explaining what the boxes were to the right of my logo. I figured that if time were on my side, I'd create a day-time and a night-time style. I would give the user a way to change this on the fly via these buttons. This would involve javascript and seperate style-sheets.

Here is a mock-up of the darker, inverted version.


The idea behind a javascript syle-sheet switcher:
  • Javascript runs within the browser, not server-side, giving you the power to change a page without the need for it to be reloaded.
  • Each button would have an onClick that would run a function from the script.
  • The script would then change the style-sheet that is linked between the head tags.
  • As an addition, the script could then set a cookie in the users' browser, so that when they return, the style which was previously selected is used.
A javascript library like jQuery could be used to speed up the code writing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment