Design for the Web (New Assignment)

Digital Media Design Theory Website

Today, we have been given a new assignment. We have to design and build a website on an aspect of digital media design theory. I have been issued, typography, as the subject of my site design.

Our website must be written in HTML and styled with CSS. This needs to be hand-coded in a text editor and not in a WYSIWYG environment, such as Adobe Dreamweaver.

I will have to pitch my design answer, in class, in two weeks time. I will need to research and gather design ideas so that I am able to mock-up my answer to the design brief, by the 'soft' deadline.

Points that must be considered:
  • Interoperability, multi-platform
  • Cross-browser compatibility
  • Fast-loading pages
I will now continue with research on existing websites that best match my design brief criteria for better insight.

No comments:

Post a Comment