Cutting out Fabella
Photoshop
First I used the channels palette to pick the highest contrasting channel for the image and the background. This generally turns out to be blue because of human skin tones.
I then duplicate this channel so that I can modify it safely, without affecting the actual image.
Here, I am using the levels tool to turn the channel into a high-contrast between the background and image. I use the dodge and burn tools to tweak artifacts the levels tool creates, or doesn't manage. This leaves us with an image that looks like this:
We can now CTRL+Right-click on the channel to load the selection. I inverted this selection and filled it black. Then cut away the head, just containing the hair-line before merging it with my current, manual working mask.
This was the final product. It took about 5-6 hours to get this to look perfect.




No comments:
Post a Comment