As requested by the brief, here are all three of my products, embedded into my blog. The colour and quality, do not represent that of the lossless versions.
Humpty Dumpty Loses His Footing
Self-evaluation of the above:
This was the first, clearest idea of the three, which is why I produced this one first. I found it acted as a good template for the other products that followed. If I had a change to go back and chance something, it would be to portray Humpty's intoxicated state, by exaggerating a little more, before he trips. I don't feel I conveyed that enough in the first couple of seconds. However, I felt as if I'd animated both the tumble, and the beer-can trajectory, quite well.
Humpty Dumpty Gets Hit By A Ball
Self-evaluation of the above:
I had the most fun with this animation. The ball incorporated many animation principles, and was challenging to get looking realistic with my complicated pathing. I feel that I nailed anticipation and follow through, also. If I had to go back and change something on this, it would be to give the ice-cream cone a more realistic exit, by creating a mess. All-in-all, even though I've not evaluated this as faultless, I am the most pleased with it, because of the real, comical effect it has working with the music!
Humpty Dumpty Becomes Food
Self-evaluation of the above:
I have been told by a friend, who saw all three of these, that this was his favourite due to its fast-paced, amusing nature. This animation took the longest pre-work, before I could start animation it, due to the amount of entities in the scene. I think that the use of the Jaws theme-tune worked well, with Humpty getting snatched by the hawk. If I had to go back an change something, I'd make the canvas larger, giving a wider camera angle for the bird, so that it would be easier to anticipate the hawks last sweep at Humpty. Overall, this animation took the most time, but I believe it was well-planned and is successful because of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment