Preparing for DVD Studio Pro with Compressor

Encoding with Compressor was quite eventful. I had a couple of things to do before I could import my footage into a PAL DVD project, in DVD Studio Pro.

PAL footage is played at 25 Frames-Per-Second and my footage currently sits at 60. Not only must I change the FPS of my movie but the resolution of it as well. I cannot create an SD (Standard Definition) DVD from 720p footage, it must be converted to 720x576, which is also known as 576i.

The first thing I did before changing the frame-size and encoding to MPEG-2 for DVD, was to convert it to 25FPS, the PAL standard. Without doing this, DVD Studio Pro wouldn't have accepted the footage as an assest in a PAL DVD project!



Above: Using ProRes 422 options to change frame-rate.



Above: Selecting "Best" for frame-rate conversion helps improve quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment