Further Editing

I have drawn to the last couple of seconds of my movie, editing has been successful, but, I have made split decision to change the final scene. Hopefully, this change will add a more shock than my original idea.

Intention

To superimpose a sniper crosshair graphic, which I shall create in Photoshop, on the PoV (Point-of-View) shot, having it focus on my actor who handles the petrol pump. The sound of a loading gun and fire will still be synced with the actions on-screen, but instead of an invisible killing, the actor will be shot.

Work

With the aid of some addition media, I've been able to produce a semi-accurate representation of a sniper scope in Photoshop. I built the image on a canvas @ 720p so that it would fit my frame without the need of having to distort. It was important to keep the viewer transparent and so to export keeping the alpha channel.


Above: Sniper scope representation made in Photoshop.

Further problem solving

It was now a matter of creating an additional video track in Final Cut Pro and superimposing the image over my footage. This worked well as a static image, but, I felt it needed some added realism. I accomplished this by moving the footage below the scope to make it seem as if the weapon was being moved by an assailant.

I achieved this by keyframing movement values, like so:



Above: Motion keyframes.



Above: Timeline representation for the above motion keyframing.

No comments:

Post a Comment