I have finished my preparation for shooting, including finding an actor who will be the driver for the movie.
Today
I filmed my footage at 720p @ 60FPS using a Kodak Zi8 high-definition camera. It wasn't necessary to film at a higher resolution as the final product will be viewed on a SD (standard definition) DVD, which plays at a smaller resolution. The image below is from Wikipedia and depicts the size differences quite simply.
I chose to record at 60FPS so that I had the choice to utilize slow-motion shots if I wanted to, this meant that the files would be larger, but with a 15 second end-product, this wouldn't matter.
Although shooting went well, I had a hiccup during filming at the petrol station, as when I asked to film I was told I couldn't use the camera on the forecourt due to the electrical hazard. My only option was to stand at a distance and film the actor. This worked, but the shot could've been higher quality, had I been allowed to shoot up-close, without digital zooming.
No comments:
Post a Comment