I have done some basic research into storyboarding and how it's used to visualise a production.
"Storyboards are graphic organizers such as a series of illustrations or images displayed in sequence for the purpose of pre-visualizing a motion picture, animation, motion graphic or interactive media sequence, including website interactivity."
Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storyboard
My storyboards are complete for this production and reside in my sketchbook. I have a solid idea on how my scenes should look and more importantly, how they'll link together in the 15 second timespan.
Animatics
I will be creating an animatic from my storyboard by taking digital photographs of my sketches. I will then slice these up in Photoshop, export them as PNG's and place them on a Final Cut Pro timeline, modeling my movie accurately. I will need to export this as a QuickTime movie.
"In animation and special effects work, the storyboarding stage may be followed by simplified mock-ups called "animatics" to give a better idea of how the scene will look and feel with motion and timing. At its simplest, an animatic is a series of still images edited together and displayed in sequence."
Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storyboard#Animatics
My completed animatic!
No comments:
Post a Comment