Thankfully, I found some techniques online, which I applied to correct the track.
(Please click to enlarge any screenshot, below)
Soundtrack Pro
The above screenshot shows me selecting the beginning of the cut. It's important to ensure you're zoomed in, so you can see the wavelength. After selecting the cut, the best thing to do is isolate it from the rest of the track by using "File > New > File From Selection", which is also shown in the screenshot.
The above is in addition to solving the length issue, because I found that time stretching (shown below) made the song too quick! I actually disposed of two bars in the song, finding them by ear, then marking the beginning and ends with markers. These markers can then be used as snap points for editing, which in my case meant cuts. This was tricky, but the outcome was twofold.
The above screenshot shows the menu to the time stretch function.
This is the time stretch configuration, where I set to stretch to 30 seconds using Apples' complex algorithm.
A brief explaination of what timestretch does, by Apple:
When you time stretch an audio file, you change the duration (length) of the file without changing the frequency (pitch) of the file. For example, for a file containing music, the tempo of the music is changed, but not the pitch.




No comments:
Post a Comment