Research: Alcoholic Beverages

"An alcoholic beverage is a drink containing ethanol (commonly called alcohol). Alcoholic beverages are divided into three general classes: beers, wines, and spirits."

Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcoholic_beverage

It is also important to remember what connotations are invoked by each drinks' marketing approach. Each categorys' target audience will change on a macro-scale, whereas the brands' target audience within each category will change on a micro-scale.

Wine

Wine is made from various fruits through fermentation.

Beer

Beer is one of the most commonly consumed alcoholic beverages. (For simplicities sake, I have included Cider into this category. While beer is made from malted barley, cider is produced from apple juice, but the way in which it's created and consumed barely differ.)

Liquor

Liquor, also referred to as spirits is the name for a variety of high potency alcoholic beverages that have been distilled from grains, fruits or vegetables.

Market Share



I can conclude from the above, two graphs that beer has the largest footing in the alcoholic beverage market; knowing this will help me pick the type of drink and brand I will use in my piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment