Research: Advertising Campaigns

The previous data has helped me to decide that I will be picking a brand within the beer market. Since the market is successful, for many, different brands, I get a larger pick of the crop. This makes it easier to find a one that suits the brief - as well has having taken the first step to choose which beverage route to follow.


The above graph shows the market-share on a global scale of the top ten brewers in 2005. InBev, at the top, who brew for brands such as Stella Artois, Brahma, Beck's, and Leffe are all very popular beers.

Stella Artois created a campaign very similar to what is being asked of me in the brief. Although these are static images, they define the style twofold:

The above images were sourced from: http://www.stellaartois.com/hedgefund/recyclage-de-luxe.html

As the above show, Stella are encompassing the Retro art-style in these new, 'modern' advertisements.

Defining "Retro" Style

"The style now called "retro art" is a genre of pop art which was developed in the 1940s and 1950s in response to a need for bold, eye-catching graphics that were easy to reproduce on simple presses available at the time in major centres. Retro advertising art has experienced a resurgence in popularity since its style is distinctive from modern computer-generated styling."

Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retro_style#Retro_art

I have embedded the video example last as it doesn't incorporate hand-crafted elements, as I am to. The principles of Retro styled media apply, because it attempts to draw on past, cultural associations to captivate its audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment