Choices

1st - Green & Black’s

This brief became my first choice after deciding that the answer could be produced, well, fitting to my skillset. I like the idea of being able to promote a campaign online, where the target consumer doesn't fall short.


2nd - Marks & Spencer

Marks & Spencer provide an exciting brief for anyone willing to pursue image and branding. This subject has caught my interest in the past and will therefore see this brief make my second choice.




BME

I've never heard of the British Music Experience until now. Its request for a web presence was what grabbed me, initially, but I soon decided that it wasn't a brief I could allow my answer to flourish beneath, without expanding my interests.


Sega

I can safely assume that this brief will be one of the most competitive due to the brand hitting a target demographic, the entrants' (who'd similarly choose this brief), and its gaming background, also adding popularity. I have decided to steer clear of this for logical reasons tied to my goal.


Ted Baker

This brief asks us to work for a fashion brand. With the many, other choices I have to choose from, accompanied with my lack of interest in fashion market, I shall be steering clear of this.


Thames Clippers

I had some initial interest in this brief, stemming from the fact it was another with British origin. I didn't pick it, as I could see the answer being a print design, along the lines of a poster, which doesn't appeal to my methods that are usually screen-based and interactive in design.


The Big Issue

This brief was another that I initially had some interest for, but was overtaken by my two choices. This relied, mostly, on the fact that I felt I was more suited to my choices than this because they're bound to screen-based design, whereas this isn't.


The Open University

I think this brief has some fantastic opportunities available to the one who might have their work chosen, and initially, it was my top choice, mainly because of these. Though, my interest dwindled as I realised this brief was really pushing, in every area, to have a lot of work done; in my given time-span I knew for a fact I would be better positioned picking something that I'd be able to polish, not just complete.


Tuborg and Whyte & Mackay

The Tuborg and Whyte & Mackay briefs fell to the bottom of the pile because, for the past two months, I have been answering a similar brief on beverages. The only reason I left them on my short-list were so that I could pick them up if I needed to. Thankfully, several other briefs have sparked my interest!

No comments:

Post a Comment